Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestions on Guild Organisation

3 posters

:: general

Go down

Suggestions on Guild Organisation Empty Suggestions on Guild Organisation

Post  Columbine Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:44 am

Through my Guild spies I have learned the guild is undergoing a bit of restructuring. From my experience in the guild, and general experience of organisations I offer these suggestions.

1) Suggested roles for GOs in Guild.

One person shouldn't have to bear the burdens that could be taken by many, equally as much, many people shouldn't try and do the same task that could be done by one. Thus i suggest having more clearly defined GO roles. Some suggestions below:

a) Raid organiser - Decides when guild raids, where guild raids and puts times etc in GC. Responsible for advertising raids and for giving advice on what level of equipment is needed for raids. Note - DOES NOT HAVE TO LEAD RAIDS and should in fact regularly delegate leadership of whole raids or parts of raids to different people so multiple people can learn to be raid leaders.

b) Heroic organiser - Similar to above. Responsible for coordinating a wide range of heroic runs, to suit varying abilities and times. Doesn't have to attend all these or even organise them, but makes sure the get advertised in GC. Try to let new people and less well equipped people get included in heroics as well, not just the same few people each time, so everyone has experience of attending and leading. note - DPS AND HEALERS CAN LEAD HEROICS TO, NOT JUST TANKS!

c) Guild Mentor - a welfare sort of person. Makes sure new people are settled in, tries to sort out problems and personality clashes, listens to complains, just generally trying to make sure people get on. Its always good to have someone who listens, who can report back to the GM on feelings within the Guild, and who you know you can talk to about things without feeling that your spot in the raids or guild standing might be jepodised.

d) recruitment officer - entirely what the name suggests. the face of the guild to the outside world

e) lower level liaison - it's a lonely life leveling, especially when your not sure where to go, or what might be a good talent spec for leveling. This person could generally give advice on lower levels, and make sure they still feel included with in the guild. note - THIS DOES NOT MEAN BOOSTING - but may involve giving advice on how to find pugs, or suggesting other lower levels who might also need a similar dungeon.

2) Making sure GOs are known about

In a world where we all love our alts, its sometimes hard to know who is actually a GO in disguise. Maybe in the Guild Notes section, all GOs could prefix their notes with GO, then we know they are an officer in disguise. Obviously this would have to be GM or GL for our beloved leader

Those are my ideas, feel free to comment, rubbish, etc.

Look forward to seeing you all again come the expansion

Col x

P.s. All hail our beloved leader :-p
Columbine
Columbine

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2008-02-05

Back to top Go down

Suggestions on Guild Organisation Empty Re: Suggestions on Guild Organisation

Post  Cara Sat Aug 30, 2008 8:01 am

i think you have some good point in there
Cara
Cara

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  Hardasnailz Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:24 am

Yes there are some good points, I will make sure the appropriate people see them.
Hardasnailz
Hardasnailz

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-03-03

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down